Each year, on the third Sunday of June, we celebrate the men who have made a difference in our lives. Many of us have developed our passions by learning from these influential men. Yeti, recently launched a new mini documentary series called “My Old Man,” a mini-documentary series that celebrate fatherhood through the eyes of pro surfer Shane Dorian. Then, check out our 10 Awesome Gift Ideas for your dad below.
Not only do father’s change our lives, but becoming a father impacts how we see life. Shane Dorian explains how being a father has caused him to take fewer risks in surfing and how he intentionally passes down his passions to his son.
How are you celebrating the men that have made a difference in your life? How are you investing in the next generation?
Watch the video below and check out our 10 Awesome Gift Ideas, in store and online!
Still looking for that perfect gift?
Here is our list of 10 Awesome Gift Ideas for surfer dads!
- Surfboard: Give Dad a gift that he will never forget. Stop in IWS to talk to our experts and find the perfect board for your dad. We also make custom IWS boards. Custom surfboards make for awesome Father’s Day gifts ideas, just because they’re created with the person who’s going to use them in mind. Here are some useful tips on how to get a custom surfboard. Check out our in-stock and ready to be shipped collection online.
- Surf Watch: If you have not seen the newest surf watches, you are missing out! It can predict tides, wave counts, show moon phases, give you sunrise and sunset times, act as a compass, and more. They are the perfect gift for the dad who has everything. Check out our selection.
- Go Pro: The Go Pro is a great all around camera for dads that love excitment! Grab a Go Pro and become one of dad;s favorite people this Father’s Day. You can purchase yours in store or online or grab some great accessories for a Go Pro he already owns. Have you read about the Go Pro camera that was lost at sea for two months? You can’t beat that for durability!
- Byrd Pomade or Soap: Keep dad looking good with Byrd Pomade and soap. Inspired by the “Gentleman surfer”, Byrd products take your dad back to an era when grooming was an essential part of the daily routine. Take dad back to the classic 60’s surf culture! Buy yours now.
- Tailwind Nutrition: Keep dad healthy with Tailwind Nutrition products. Tailwind combines complete fuel, hydration, and electrolytes in a tasty drink that won’t turn your stomach into a brick. Check out Tailwind products in store and online.
- Rash Guards: Make sure dad comes back from his surf session with stories of epic sessions instead of sunburn, chafing and rashes. Check out our selection of rash guards and protect dad from the sometime hurtful combination of salt water, movement and a surfboard. Shop here.
- Sandals: Summer heat can be brutal on dad’s feet. Keep him happy at the beach with new sandals. Olukai sandals were created for the waterman, ocean lifestyle, and a is brand that has strong values and roots with style, comfort, and craftsmanship. So not only will you be buying a brand that is socially conscience, but, dad will be getting sandals that last. Check out our selection here.
- Sunscreen: Protect Dad against the damaging rays of the sun. Did you know that the majority of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun? Sunscreen is essential to save dad from the sun’s damaging effects while he surfs. Island Carries some of the top brands. Check them out here.
- Surf or Skate Camp: Give dad a break this summer. IWS offers surf and skate camps for kids in Deerfield Beach and Boca Raton. And, our Cocoa Beach away camp is right around the corner. Not only will kids learn the basics and have fun, but it will give Dad some much needed peace and quite during the summer. Check out IslandCamps.com to register.
- Yeti Coolers & Drinkware: Every dad loves Yeti. Check out our selection of coolers and drinkwareand spoil dad with a Yeti this Father’s Day.