Summer flew by. Can you believe it is almost over? In spite of summer coming to a close, Island Water Sports has 5 ways to have that last blast this summer with our End of Summer Bucket List.
- Surf Lessons: Island Water Sports has been providing FREE lessons on Deerfield Beach every Saturday morning for the past 30 years. It’s our way of promoting a fun and active surf community. All experience and age levels are welcome as long as you can swim. Plus we provide all the equipment, but you’re more then welcome to bring your own. Register online or in store today! The one catch…You must be at the shop at 7am on Saturday morning. Grab your family, friends, neighbors, sisters, brothers, cousins, and head to IWS any Saturday.
- Full Moon Paddle: It is great to enjoy moonlight shimmering on the water and to view our spectacular sunsets from a paddle board. You will join us for an easy and casual Full Moon Paddle in Deerfield Beach’s Waterways. Also, enjoy making new friends as we cruise through multimillion dollar neighborhoods and see why South Florida is called the “Venice of America.”Our Full Moon Paddles fill up quickly, so register in advance. The actual duration of the full moon paddle tours vary based on water conditions, number of participants, and experience levels. Lanch times also vary throughout the year according to the time the moon rises. These tours sell out so register today.
- Surf or Skate Camp: Did you know that we host summer Skate and Surf Schools with the cities of Boca Raton and Deerfield Beach? This is officially the last week in Boca. However, we offer daily drop ins all week long. Simple stop at Tim Huxhold Park for skate camp or Red Reef Park for surf camp between 8:30 and 9am any morning this week. Register right at the skatepark or beach. Finally, for those wanting a full week of camp, we have one more full week left in Deerfield Beach. Find out more at IslandCamps.com
- Quicksilver’s Mark Richards Tour: Check off another epic end of summer bucket list event
with surfing and shaping legend Mark Richards. The event takes place Monday, August 15th at Island Water Sports. Festivities kick off at 7pm. Meet the legend himself and watch the new documentary presented by Quicksilver. Enjoy in store sales and great gifts with purchase. Hungry? You can also enjoy food and drinks from local food trucks and vendors.
- End of Summer BBQ & Board Sale: IWS wants to help you end the summer well. Add our End of Summer BBQ & Board Sale to your end of summer bucket list! Enjoy a HUGE waterslide. Electric’s Legends of the Volt tour will be joining us with a pop-up shop and a chance to win big with the Electric Prize Claw. You can ham it up in the GoPro photo booth, meet pro surfers, get in store deals and more. Plus, camp surfboards will be on sale for as low as $40. That is why this is an event you can not miss! The party starts at 3pm on Friday, August 19th.
You may be feeling blue as summer may be coming to an end. But, there are still tons of way to make it unforgettable. In fact, we hope Island Water Sports can be a HUGE part of your summer memories this year and for years to come.