It’s “the most wonderful time of the year”. And, with all the lights, decorations and festivities, it’s hard not to have some holiday cheer. Here are some of our favorite events this December that you should not miss!
First, do not forget to mark your calendars for the Annual IWS Customer Appreciation Party on Wednesday, December 13th at 7pm. It’s a night of fun for your entire family with free fun and good times for all. Find out more here.
- 46th Annual Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade – December 8th, this Boynton Beach and Delray Beach party begins at Boynton Harbor Marina at 6 p.m. with live music, and the parade starting at 6:30 p.m. Bring toys to donate to Toys for Tots. The parade starts at Lantana Bridge near Key Lime House travels south along the Intracoastal Waterway to the C-15 canal in Delray Beach; For info contact, 561-234-7250.
- 41th Annual Boca Raton Holiday Boat Parade – On Dec. 16 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., enjoy the annual Boca Raton parade. The parade begins near the Boca Raton-Delray Beach city limits and travels south to Hillsboro Bridge; 561-367-7076
- 55th Annual Pompano Beach Boat Parade – December 10th, 5:00pm – 9:00pm | Stars at Lake Santa Barbara. The parade starts at 6:30pm. Boats leave Santa Barbara and head north to Hillsboro Blvd. Places where you can view the parade are: Sands Harbor Resort (this is where the judges are), Two George’s at the Cove, Houston’s, The Rusty Hook, Harbors Edge Park and Alsdorf Park.
Parades on Foot
- Boca Raton Holiday Parade – Join Island Water Sports as we unveil our annual float at the Dec. 6th Parade on Federal Highway in Boca. The parade begins and travels down Federal Highway, from SE 5th Street to N. Mizner Park Boulevard. Contact 561-367-7073 for more info.
Street Lighting & Light Tours
- Ocean Way Holiday – Head over to the Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier 200 NE 21st Ave. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 on December 2nd from 5 – 9 PM as we celebrate for a magical evening along the ocean as we celebrate the season and unveil our holiday light display. Enjoy performances by local schools and more, kids’ activities, photos with Santa, tasty holiday treats and snow showers for the night. Don’t miss out on the new life size snow globe, a chance to ice skate at the beach, and a visit from Rudolph and friends!
- Christmas Light Tours – Get into the Glow of the Holiday. Join Deerfield Beach neighbors as we cruise through Tradewinds Park Christmas Light Exhibit and tour local neighborhoods on December 18th from 6-9pm. For more information, please call (954) 480- 4481, or email Mary Davis at [email protected] Those attending the tour will meet at Oveta McKeithen Recreational Complex. The cost is $5 Adults and $2 Children 12 & under.
- Light Up MLK – Head to Pompano Beach on December 2nd from 5:00pm – 8:00pm at the Annie Adderly Gillis Park, Dr Martin Luther King Blvd Save the Date!!! The 8th Annual Light Up MLK for the Holidays is scheduled for Saturday December 2nd! The event is a free community event that takes place at Annie Adderly Gillis Park from 4-8pm with the official tree lighting at 7pm. Sounds of the holidays will ring throughout the park and will include a variety of local community based performances by local church groups, mission groups and community members as the excitement builds to the lighting of the tree! Event attendees will enjoy complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages plus a variety of interactive holiday festivities including sugar cookie decorating, holiday card & ornament making, interactive art projects and large bounce house style play areas for kids. Santa will make a special appearance in the City’s and taking holiday gift wishes from kids of all ages! 601 Martin Luther King Blvd. Pompano Beach, FL 33060. Pompano Beach. 954-786-7824.
- Santa Claus Express Toy Drive – December 3rd at 10:00am – 5:00pm join the city of Pompano Beach at 1500 NE 5th Ave. The Goodyear Blimps and the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve will conduct their seventh joint maneuver next month benefitting the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation at the company’s airship base in Florida. The event will provide the public with an opportunity to donate to Toys for Tots while enjoying an up-close and personal view of Wingfoot One inside the hangar in Pompano Beach, Florida. On December 3, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Florida visitors can walk through the blimp hangar to drop off their donation to a U.S. Marine representing Toys for Tots. The event is free and open to the public. New toys in the original packaging or cash donations are encouraged to support the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program, but not required.
- Holiday Lyrics Lab – Head to BaCA on December 6th from 8:00pm – 11:00pm. Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday, bring your latest work- poems, verse, songs, lyrics and beats and share in our intimate space with a host accompanied by live music. Whether you want to share or sit back and enjoy, get ready for an incredible evening! Come join us for yet another amazing evening full of poetry, singing, live music, drinks, art, and a good time. | BaCA (Bailey Contemporary Arts), 41 NE 1st Street. You can score a FREE ticket if you buy the 5-for-4 package through Eventbrite. 41 NE 1st St. Pompano Beach, FL 33060, (954) 284-014.
Festivals and The Arts
- Nutcracker by Florida Classical Ballet – Enjoy this classic on December 9th & 10th at 8:00pm | Pompano Beach Cultural Center, 50 W Atlantic Blvd. A timeless holiday classic…. The Nutcracker will capture your imagination and transport you to a magical world of brave toy soldiers and dancing snowflakes. Follow Clara as she embarks on her journey filled with colorful characters, and majestic scenery. From the captivating dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy to the iconic snow scene, this enchanting classical ballet set to the beloved music of Tchaikovsky continues to enthrall audiences of all ages.
- OMRC Travel Club – Join the OMRC Travel Club in Deerfield Beach as they take you to see the award-winning Fort Lauderdale Christmas Pageant. Ticket cost includes lunch and round-trip transportation from OMRC. For more information, please call (954) 480- 4481, or email Mary Davis at [email protected] Cost is $65 per ticket.
- A Civil War Christmas: An American MusicalCelebration – December 15th & 22nd | Pompano Beach Cultural Center, 50 W Atlantic Blvd. “A Civil War Christmas” (known as the American version of Charles Dickens’s “A Christmas Carol”) weaves a tapestry of fictional and historical characters, such as President and Mrs. Lincoln – together with holiday music, marches, hymns, and spirituals of the period – to tell a story of companionship and communal hope arising from one of our nation’s darkest hours. “A Civil War Christmas” is a delight for people of all ages and contains many of the classic Christmas songs that we all know and love such as Silent Night, I Heard the Bells, What Child is This?, God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman, The Holly and the Ivy, and O Christmas Tree.
- Winter Wonderland – Snow in South Florida? Enjoy an afternoon full of wintery fun in South Florida. The celebration of the season features two giant snow hills, a trackless train, a giant snow globe, holiday treats, a wood workshop courtesy of Home Depot and a visit from Santa. The event and activities are free. Food will be available for purchase from Food Truck Invasion and local vendors. The event will take place from 11am to 2pm at the Villages of Hillsboro 4111 NW 6th St. Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
- Snow Day – Need more snow? Join Deerfield Beach for a day full of activities and rides for all ages, arts and crafts, entertainment, a fun visit from Santa and best of all…SNOW! Photo opportunities will be available with Santa. The event will be held December 9th from 2 to 6 pm at Oveta McKeithen Recreational Complex 445 SW 2nd St. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
- Winter Frost Festival – Head to the Highlands Community Center on December 16th from 11am to 3pm for an afternoon full of wintery fun! Our annual celebration of the season features food, games, music, face painting, dominoes, a bounce house, refreshments, and holiday treats. Highlands Community Center 511 NE 44th St. Deerfield Beach, FL 33064
- Delray Beach Carols by Candlelight: Dec. 2, 7 p.m. at the Old School Square Pavilion, NE 1 Ave., Delray Beach. Cost is $15. Local performers open the festivities followed by national headliners including Andy Childs, John Ford Coley and The Little River Band. Witness a lighting of 1,000 candles in the audience. For more information, 561-243-7922.
- Delray Beach “Twas the Night Before Christmas”: Dec. 7, 5:30 p.m. Storytelling at Cason Cottage at Delray Beach Historical Society, 5 NE 1 Street, Delray Beach; 561-274-9578.
- Delray Beach: Screen on the Green. Dec. 16, 6:30 p.m.. A free holiday-themed movie night on the huge screen at Old School Square Pavilion, NE 1 Ave., Delray Beach. Donate a toy to The Milagro Center.
- Miami City Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’ Info: Dec. 28-30, Kravis Center, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 561-832-7469
- 21st Annual Holiday in the Park – December 16th from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Mitchell Moore Park, 901 NW 10th Street, join the city of Pompano for a free family holiday event day of fun. Lots of entertainment and games for kids. Free toys and food for registered families. For more information, please contact Pass the Blessings at [email protected]
All winter long
- Nightly Snowfalls at CityPlace: Snowfalls on the plaza at City dPlace nightly through Dec. 31. Mondays through Wednesday, catch the snow at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays: Snowfalls at 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. There is no snowfall on Dec. 25.
- Hoffman’s Winter Wonderland:This year’s display will include a new outdoor, 2,400-square-foot ice skating rink. It will be made of real ice. The garden is open daily from 6 to 10 p.m. Festivities will be bigger than ever this year with more than 125,000 LED lights, holiday displays, several Christmas trees and a glowing Hanukkah display, live entertainment and more. Now through Dec. 30 at Hoffman’s Chocolates Factory, 5190 Lake Worth Road.
- West Palm Beach’s Holiday in Paradise at Sandi Land: Sandi, the 600-ton sand tree is back in town for the winter in downtown West Palm Beach. Enjoy nightly music and light shows. Through Dec. 31 at 100 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach; 561-822-1515.
- Letters to Santa – Have you been naughty or nice this year? Why not write to the Big Guy himself and tell him? The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department will be assisting this year in making sure your letter is mailed directly to the North Pole. Fingers crossed, you may even receive a response! From December 1st – 15th, letters and envelopes will be available to fill out at the following recreation centers: Emma Lou Olson 1801 NE 6th Street, Highlands Center 1650 NE 50th Court, McNair Center 951 NW 27th Avenue, or Mitchell Moore Center 901 NW 10th Street. For more information, please call 954-786-4111.