Join us for our 7th annual Boardswap and Sample Sale fundraiser for Surf and Skate Camp Scholarships!!
Need to get rid of some old boards? Need some cash? Come to the #IWSBoardSwap, where you can BUY, SELL & SWAP your used Surf, Skate, Skim, SUP & Wakeboards… Same thing goes for Wetsuits, Fins and Accessories. Here is a guide to everything you need to know.
BOARD SWAP DROP OFF STARTS TOMORROW,
April 14th, FOR ALL BOARDRIDING EQUIPMENT.
(Board Swap drop-off ends at 9pm April 20th – NO EXCEPTIONS)
What is Board Swap?
Board Swap was started as a “spring cleaning” event to get rid of your old boards and stock up on your new ones for your summer surf trips. Recycle your old boards, donate them for a child in need, or upgrade them and get paid.
What Can I Sell?
How Do I Sell My Items?
- Drop off your items April 14th – April 20th. We will not accept any items the day of Board Swap.
- All items are subjected to a $3.50 Listing Donation. Download the contract here now to save you time. You must fill out one contract for each item listed.
- All items must be picked up by April 25th. Any unsold items not picked up by April 25th will be donated.
- Island Water Sports is not responsible for lost leashes, fins or any damages to your items.
How Much Will I Get Paid?
The commission on consignment sales will be based on the agreed upon sale price. Checks and donation letters may be picked up any time after April 28th.
Your Three Options:
- Get paid in store credit and get 90% of any sales made.
- Get paid by check and get 85% of any sales made
- Donate any item not sold and receive a donation letter for 100% of the value.
What is a Sample Sale?
Sample Sale 9 AM -3 PM on April 21st at Island Water Sports
- Arrive early to get the best selection. Reps usually only have one of each item and their inventory goes fast.
- Bring a friend or two to help you hoard items inside the sales tent while you are digging through the racks. Divide and conquer. Two is always better than one.
- Bring cash. Many of the reps do not take credit or debit cards.
- Since it’s Earth day, bring your own bag and get a special coupon from IWS. So shop smart and save some turtles & trees.
- Do not forget to take advantage of the Buy One Get One Free on all clearance and special in-store deals.
How can I give?
1. Have some old skate decks lying around? Recycle and renew them with Boards for Bros
Board 4 Bros takes your old decks, trucks and wheels and recycles them to provide boards for kids that normally would not be able to afford a skateboard. So, bring that old deck, set of trucks or wheels that you have lying around and help Board for Bros assemble some skateboards for kids in need. Find out more here.
2. Donate your old surfboards to kids in need
Have an old surfboard that you no longer use? Island has teamed up with the ACTs Network and International Sports Coalition to send boards to local youth organizations and third world countries to introduce kids to surfing through surf clinics and beach games.
3. Donate to the Scholarship Fund
Learn more about the Island Camps scholarship program here or donate now.
4. Enter the Raffle and Win Big
Win a Surfboard, Surf and Skate items, Dolphins Tickets and more in the Silent Auction and Raffle. Proceeds benefit the Kiwanis Club of Deerfield Beach which provides scholarships for underprivileged children to attend Summer Surf Camp.
5. Give Your Time & Volunteer
We are always looking for volunteers. Head over to our volunteer form to sign up! Click here.
So, mark you calendars, clean out that garage, and shop for a great cause at Board Swap on Saturday, April 21st!