Welcome to Island Water Sports. We value your privacy as a customer. That is why we have put together a policy to help protect your information.
Who we are
Island Water Sports is located in Deerfield Beach, on the east coast of South Florida. At Island Water Sports surfing is not just our business, it’s our blood. We are owned and operated by second and third generation surfers and skateboarders. Kirk Cottrell opened the shop in 1978. His son, Cheyne, took his first steps as a child inside the store and now Cheyne oversees the operation with the help of his mom, sisters and close family friends. While overseeing the shop, Cheyne also maintains a professional surfing career. Many of our other staff members are also top rated amateur and professional surfers, which ensures that we have the most up to date product knowledge and experience! We have the most comprehensive selection of products in South Florida, for all varieties of action sports. We have dedicated our lives not just to surfing and skateboarding, but to serving the local and traveling surfer and skateboarder. We are always ready and willing to offer advice on products or just swap stories after a sessions. More importantly, we love our customers, and are working hard to protect your personal data in this digital age. We are located at 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441. Our website address is http://www.islandwatersports.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, phone number and personal information pertinent to our activities. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” We also collect offline data through our waivers, camp applications, and marketing forms.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders and process registration placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We collect personal contact information for emergencies
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- And we utilize your information for marketing our camps, events, sharing information and marketing products and services from our retail and online stores
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties who help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use several independent vendors to power our online and in-store sales, activity registrations, giveaways, and more. Each of these vendors must also have their own GDPR policies and will have these policies outlined on their independent sites.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by going to these links:
- EMAILS- Click the “safe unsubscribe” link on any of our emails. (This link is located in the footer of our emails):
- FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
When you place an order, fill out a form or register for an event through the Site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. All registration for minors must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33441, United States