Spring break is right around the corner. Here is our spring break packing list for the perfect beach week.
Island Water Sports knows a little something about spring break. We know you are counting down the days. No school, sun, fun, and sand with our friends. But first, packing. Whether you are stay-cationing local or heading off to a beach somewhere farther away, we have you covered. So don’t stress while you are cramming for that last test, quiz or essay. We have an easy Spring Break Packing List to help you make the most out of your week away.
Spring Break Packing List
IWS Tip: Use an oversized beach bag as your carry-on when traveling to your spring break destination. It is the perfect reuasble bag and can help you keep items accessible whether you’re going by car, bus or plane. Check out the amazing bag available at Island Water Sports.
What to pack in that carry on:
- Ticket(s) (for traveling and any events)
- Cell phone & charger (plus a power converter if needed)
- ID (Driver’s license for US Travel or your passport if you are leaving the country!)
- Sunglasses (Stop by Island Water Sports for great choices)
- Gum (To help with those popping ears in-flight or after-coffee breath)
- Wallet (IWS Tip: Always bring some cash in case you run into any issues with your cards. And, make sure you notify your bank of your travel plans so you are able to use those debit and credit cards out of your normal area.)
- Reusable water bottle (We have some great picks from Yeti and Corkcicle but make sure it’s empty if you’re going through airport security. You can fill it up one you pass the security line.)
- Antibacterial gel
- Headphones (IWS has great selection of headphones and ear buds to help you relax to your favorite tunes or audio book while you travel)
- A bikini and cover-up (Head to Island Water Sports for great choices from Amuse Society, Roxy, RVCA and more. Pack in that carry on in case your luggage gets delayed!)
IWS Tip: Remember TSA’s 3-1-1 rule that any liquids, gels, creams, pastes, and aerosols must be in 3.4 ounce bottles or tubes in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic zip-top bag. You are only allowed one quart-sized bag per person. So, pack the things you can do without in the checked bag.
- Face wash
- Floss, Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Sunscreen (Head to Island Water Sports for a huge choice of great ways to protect that skin. Pick an SPF that’s higher than 20 and reapply every couple of hours. Use after-sun to keep your skin moisturized after spending all day in the sun.)
- Travel-sized Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gl
- Advil, Tylenol or Motrin
- Hair Ties
- First Aid Kit (better safe than sorry!)
- Feminine hygiene products
- A Dry Bag (Carrying a dry bag means that if you want to cool off in the water, you can take your valuables with you. Everything will stay dry and you minimizes your chances of being robbed on the beach. There are lost of great options in store at Island Water Sports. )
IWS Tip: Pack light but bringing items that you can mix and match. Stick to a basic color scheme a simple footwear. Then pack one or two amazing accessories to spice things up. We have everything you need at Island Water Sports.
- 3 to 5 swimsuits
- 3 tank tops and/or tees
- 3 tops for nights out
- Sweatshirt or sweater
- 2 bottoms that can help you stay a bit warmer or dress you up a bit
- 2 pairs of shorts
- Your favorite pair of jeans
- 2 to 3 cover-ups or casual dresses to easily throw on over your swimsuit
- 1 nicer dress for a night out on the town
- Sandals, flip-flops, and/or wedges
- Sneakers and socks
- Underwear and bras (at least one set for every day you’re there, plus 1 extra)
- Cute jewelry you can wear with multiple outfits
- Small bag or purse for going out
- Beach towel (Grab an Island Water Sports towel)
- Portable Phone Battery and Car Charge (great for long days at the beach or while you’re traveling)
- A Good Beach Read
- Zip-lock bag or waterproof pouch for your wet swimsuit
- A Hat (for added sun protection)
It is never fun to get to your destination and realize your have forgotten your phone charger or bikini. Use this handy list and head to Island Water Sports for all of your spring beak needs.