In honor of the celebration of Independence Day, Cheyne is parting with one of his secret recipes.
Cheyne’s Wild Hog Ribs Recipe
- Brine in the hog ribs in an apple cider vinegar and salt mix for 24 hours.
- Make a brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Rub in the mixture real good till it makes a crust over the whole piece of meat.
- Put the ribs in the fridge for the night.
- The next day, follow the 3..2..1.. rule. 3 hours in smoker at 225 degrees, every 30 minutes boasting with the drippings that accumulated at the bottom of the pan the night before. If you need extra dripping, mix in some apple juice or apple cider vinegar.
- After 3 hours, wrap in aluminum foil… cook at 225 degrees for another 2 hours.
- Cook for an addition 1 hour after you apply your favorite BBQ sauce.